In order to see just how efficient and profitable Chatbots are for any business, we are going to take a look at a few examples of how a chatbot can be used in real-world situations to help a business generate more leads, communicate better and make more sales.
So, for this blog post why don’t we take a look at a real “Case Study”; a restaurant in the Caribbean, and begin to understand the benefits of a business using a Chatbot.
Case Study 1) Local Restaurant:-
Using a chatbot for a local business, such as a restaurant, can automate so many tasks it’s just plain ridiculous. For example, you no longer have to lose time manually dealing with mundane, repetitive things (like giving directions) or, more importantly, risk losing a customer because you don’t get to the phone in time to take their reservation before they hang up and call a competitor!
For this particular client, we started to “build their audience” by incorporating the chatbot onto their Facebook page, which is where they already got significant traffic. The subsequent steps taken were as follows:-
- (Step 1: Build Audience) – We then set up the chatbot to automatically engage in “conversation” with each new Messenger chatbot subscriber
- (Step 2: Communicate) – We custom built the chatbot to deal with common questions, and handle all of the repetitive tasks which restaurant owners/managers/staff have to deal with to get a new customer, including taking the actual table reservations.
- (Step 3: Convert to Customers) – For example, the restaurant Chatbot can do all of the following things:-
- Automatically greet visitors and offer them general information about the restaurant.
- Take table bookings directly (which the owner confirms manually with a simple message).
- It gives directions, linking to Google Maps.
- Shows the menu along with photos of the dishes.
- Shows photos of the restaurant, staff member and customers having fun!
- Points a potential customer to the TripAdvisor reviews (which in this case are outstanding), helping convert them into a customer!
- Allows a customer to see any reservations he has made.
- Reminds the customer he has a booking a few hours before, to reduce “no shows”.
- Automatically follows up the day after their reservation to say thanks for their custom and prompt them to leave a review on TripAdvisor.
- Also follows up politely suggesting the customer likes and follow the restaurant’s Facebook page.
- It is pre-configured to answer automatically to a whole bunch of keywords (like WiFi, menu, hours, location, book, table, reserve, contact, hello, help, call, thank you and more), and recognize what the client wants and send the appropriate reply.
- 30 minutes after the client’s table reservation the bot suggests they post a selfie to their social media and do a Facebook Check-In (all great free publicity!).
- It asks the birthday of the diner so that it can then automatically carry out some clever future “birthday” promotions, (5 days before their next birthday it invites them to celebrate their birthday at the restaurant and receive a free birthday gift), and of course the bot wishes the customer a happy birthday on the actual day.
The greatest advantages of having a Chatbot though, in my opinion, are the following:-
- Having a “Send Message” call to action as well as a “Phone Call” call to action in any of the restaurant’s advertising means they don’t miss a potential new customer simply because they aren’t able to get to the phone at that particular moment.
- The restaurant is now building a chatbot subscriber list, which is the most amazingly powerful promotional tool a business like this can have. It means they can basically fill their restaurant (any time they choose to) by running any one of a number of pre-prepared offers, by simply sending out a Messenger broadcast.
- The next step for this client is to run paid Facebook advertising campaigns directly to their Messenger chatbot!
See Restaurant Chatbot At Work…
If you are a business owner or the person responsible for marketing, then make sure you download a copy of our free report below about putting Chatbots to good business use, and discover how a Chatbot can literally become your best employee ever!